Responsible Travel Policy Surprise
Surprise Tourism is a responsible tour operator who helps the travellers to experience authentic
cultures and explore the breathtaking landscapes of the middle east innovatively and
responsibly. We aim to enhance the holiday experience of travellers and Our innovative
approach in tour operation makes sure that the local communities are benefited from it. Our
tours and activities are designed in such a way that it reduces the negative impact of tourism
on nature and local cultural environments.
Humans in general take our resources for granted and act like these are unlimited. We
understand that the planet should be protected and should be conserved for future generations.
We aim to reduce the use of fossil fuels and encourage our partners and suppliers to use
renewable energy. Our tour programs and operations try to provide the best support we can
give to Sustainable agriculture, fishing, and Organic farming. Encourage our team members
and customers to take steps to increase tree planting, reducing deforestation, and recycling. Our
Tours and activities are designed and executed by considering the following environmental
- Always ensure that vehicles used on tours should not cause more than average
pollution. And Using alternative or public transports whenever possible.
- Encourages our customers to use local buses, trains, and forms of public transport when
possible and using direct flights to the destinations they are travelling.
- We are focusing on small group tours and reduces the number of private tours operated,
which will help to reduce the carbon emission caused by transportation.
- We always encourage our staffs to use public transports or cycle to work.
- In our office, we use computers, photocopiers, printers, and other electronic devices
which are having energy-saving functions.
- We encourage our team members to make use of natural light when it is available. We
try to purchase recycled cartridges where possible and Try to recycle the used papers,
cartridges whenever possible.
- We store our data through electronic means and reducing the number of print outs and
hard copies of documents. We educate our team members and agents to refrain from
the unnecessary printing of emails and documents.
- We try to buy toilet papers and other stationeries made from recycled materials.
- We maintain the air conditioning/heating at optimal temperatures which save energy.
We make sure that the air conditioning, lights and other electronic devices are turned
off when they are not in use or during the night.
- Staff members are encouraged to use less water when in office and asked not to wash
dishes under running taps. We are doing all we can in reducing the waste produced and
our impact on the environment.
Suppliers & Hotels:
- We encourage our suppliers and hotels to install energy-efficient lighting. Educate the
hotels and resorts to adopt ideal room temperatures in offices and hotels to save energy.
Encouraging the use of digital equipment, for signage and promotions and use of
- There are plenty of water-saving opportunities for hotels, we help our partnered hotels
by educating our customers regarding the optimum use of water in hotels.
- Help our suppliers and hotels to Develop policies and procedures on waste
management. We educate our suppliers to reduce the consumption of Chemicals and
Wildlife & Animals:
- Our tours and activities are designed by keeping in mind reducing the negative impact
- We educate our customers not to destroy the flora and fauna when visiting desert
conservations and other natural reserves.
- Educate our customers not to buy products made from wild animals or Avoid wild
animal meat on restaurant menus.
- We at Surprise Tourism always do our best to deal with locally owned suppliers and
help to put fair remuneration or profit into the local community. And we ensure that as
maximum money as possible remains in the local economy by using local suppliers,
local food, and family-owned accommodation or homestays.
- We encourage local communities to use artisan fishing, organic agriculture, natural
wine and buy the products using these to support them. Most of our tours include guided
visits to their farms which includes lunch and promotes the sale of local organic
products. Activities in rural areas are designed with a low number of participants to
avoid disturbing the daily life of local people.
- We believe in fair trade principles; we always encourage our guests to pay a fair price
for the high quality and unique products and services they receive from the local
organization we deal with. The local suppliers and guides who work with us are
redistributing the income from tourism to create fair paying jobs and execute
sustainable, long-lasting solutions to the obstacles they face in their day to day life
- We proudly support Rashid Centre for People of Determination. A nonprofit
foundation for social care in the UAE. This initiative helps in brining happiness to the
lives of young children and in creating smiles on their faces. With this initiative the
children of need can write, learn and work.
- Our Activities and services are designed in such a way it gives our guests the chance to
learn about local customs and traditions.
- Each guest is educated about the local language, traditions, and cultural requirements.
We try our best to add dining from the locally-owned restaurant or tasting a local cuisine
ate without the aid of cutlery.
- Our day trips also include visiting a local camel farm with lunch to support the local
farmers. Along with each booking confirmation we send the details about local
traditions and customs to educate the guests about the destination they are visiting. A
professional and certified local guide accompanies our guest on each day trips.
- Bringing visitors to national parks, reserves and wildlife bring to economic benefits
when visitors are paying entrance fee’s and the same contribute towards the
maintenance of and conservation of local flora and animal species.
- During the guided tour of desert reserves and national parks our guides & drivers are
Stick to roads and established paths, keep speeding limits.
- Every customer is educated about keeping the code of conduct during wildlife
sightseeing. Our guides make sure that the guest is not feeding the animals and
maintains a safe distance from them. Guest are advised not to bring camera flash and
advised to bring a camera with a long-range lens so you can take candid shots of the
animal’s natural behaviour.
- Guests are advised not to buy ani souvenirs made from wildlife animals and to avoid
wild animal meat on restaurant menus
- Many of day tours include visiting UNESCO World Heritage Sites, we do our best to
educate our guest when visiting such unique places to follow basic rules. Such as not
leave any graffiti behind or not litter.
- Avoiding taking stones or rocks or stones or other souvenirs from the locations. When
visiting popular attractions like waterfalls or wadis or water streams, our guest is
educated no to urinate near or dump chemicals into the water.
Every team members of Surprise Tourism believes that tourism can bring positive impacts to
the local economy, local community and to the people who get to experience something new
and being part of the positive sides of Tourism. Responsible tourism is a set of guidelines and
process that includes all the parties involved and proper implementation of Responsible
Tourism will make the destination a better place to visit and live.